The life and times of Melba Arthena Larson ans Oliver Lealand Laub or Wee Wobb's Kids and Mel's Brats by Cleo Laub Jackson 6/21/95

retyped and posted with added titles: by Kimberly Thurston a work still in progress

Cleo's Personal Journal Entry

Sunday June 10, 1990
(from my Personal Journal)
3:30 am.... My Mother died!!!!!! She went to sleep early at 9:30 P.M. because she was tired and had suffered with an upset stomach all day. During the night her heart stopped. She just quit breathing. her death certificate said cardiac arrest and cardiovascular disease.

I was my worst dream com true when Mel called us at 3:30 am. Jimmy answered the phone. Mel said, "Cleo's mother has stopped breathing and I can't make the pone work right. Call the paramedics for me. I've put cold water on her face but she's not breathing."

Mel did not know CPR! I quickly dialed 911 and got California emergency help to get an ambulance sent over. I knew it was too late. She had been unconscious too long.

I threw clothes on but it is a 30 minute drive to her home in Bullhead City. By the time we got there they had taken her to the hospital. We took Mel and drove over-----knowing what I'd find, such dread in my heart. Poor Mama, i will miss her so! The World has lost a gentle soul. She had spunk and true grit. I will be glad to meet her again when it is my turn to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment