The life and times of Melba Arthena Larson ans Oliver Lealand Laub or Wee Wobb's Kids and Mel's Brats by Cleo Laub Jackson 6/21/95

retyped and posted with added titles: by Kimberly Thurston a work still in progress

My Grandparents

Oliver Lealand Laub and Melba Arthena Larson are my grandparents. I never met my Grandfather,  and have few memories of my Grandmother. I always knew my grandmother as a happy person, her laugh was contagious.

I would like to thank Aunt Cleo for sharing her memories with the rest of us, so we could see, and learn about our heritage, and a view of what life was for our parents, and grandparents.

The struggle, the hard ships, the love and appreciation for family that others may view as different. Our Ancestors  might have made choice that we wouldn't and we may never understand.

As I finished reading the whole story it really made me think and opened my eyes of where I come from. I could see characteristics of my grandparent in me. I can see things that my father did in teaching me and my siblings that he learned growing up.

I know just as Aunt Cleo put it,  "There are 13 of us, thirteen children called Melba Larson and Lee Laub Mom and Dad. If each of us wrote the story or our parents lives you would find we saw them through 13 different views. The oldest of us can remember things that the youngest of us could not understand. The Youngest saw things through eyes of a different generation and yet knew their parents in ways we older ones never did."

Thanks Aunt Cleo for sharing. Anyone else who wants to share we would appreciate it. Just email them to me and I will post them.


kimberly.l.thurston@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment